Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Top 11, Motown

I must make a pre-blog comment....I was really pumped for Motown night. As the show wore on though, I was a little distracted. Congrats to my friends Chris an Jill who had their first baby today (shout out to Baby Savannah!). I found myself not listening and checking facebook for pics and texting people. :)

Not to worry, I still have plenty of comments. And Grandma Betty watched the whole show today, and I have her pick of the week. "You know, I never really liked this type of music." Oh, Grandma, you just are waiting for Rat Pack week.

01 - Casey - Heard It Through The Grapevine
Solid 8/10 selection. Average outfit. I thought the vocal was decent, better than last week. The beginning was a little much for me. He's a little awkward when he walks around.

02 - Thia - Heat Wave
Solid selection again. She looks fantastic. Love the dress, love the shoes, love the jewelry. I like her much better this week. She is on an upswing.

03 - Jacob - You're All I Need
Like the selection. His look is very consistent. Strong vocal. I like him more subdued.

04 - Lauren - You Keep Me Hanging On
Strong song choice (9/10). LOVE her dress. Solid vocal, I dug it. This might be my favorite performance for her to date.

05 - Stefano - Hello
I love this song, but this is definitely more current Motown than some of the other songs. He rocked the Lionel Richie 80's look. I felt parts of his vocal were a little nasal. It was not my favorite performance of his, but he is still one of my favorites this season.

06 - Haley - You've Really Got A Hold On Me
Her song selection was just average. I was not a fan of her look this evening. Her vocal was better this week, but I think it's time for her to go home. Her performance was just ok for me. She isn't tour-worthy in my opinion.

07 - Scotty - For Once In My Life
Interesting song selection. Typical outfit, not anything too risky. Strong vocal. Sometimes his looks are a bit goofy when he sings. This kid cracks me up. And he has Grandma's early vote this season.

08 - Pia - All In Love Is Fair
Another interesting song selection. Her dress is gorgeous. I thought the vocal was a little bumpy at first, but then she brought the house down. She tends to stand in one spot, and she needs to mix it up. (I actually said "Thank you, J-Lo" out loud when she gave Pia feedback.)

09 - Paul - Tracks Of My Tears
Awesome Motown selection. What exactly happened to his hair? Decent vocal and solid performance, but he's not a favorite of mine. I think it is because I hear Rod Stewart when he sings, and I am not a big fan of his either.

10 - Naima - Dancing In The Streets
Average selection. I love her pants. Decent vocal, but I hated the dancing.

11 - James - Livin In The City
Love the song selection. Rocked the outfit. Vocal was inconsistent. Rocked the performance though.

Until next week....have a super week everyone!

1 comment:

  1. I don't have any major comments on the singing this week. But can I just say again how much I love the judge combo this year? And hallelujah for getting rid of the guest mentors and using producers to help the contestants prep.

    ReplyDelete