(I apologize for the posting delay....I'll try not to let it happen again.)
01 - Ta tynisa - Only Girl in the World
This is rough. I would not pick this song (and I do think I sound decent singing it in the confines of my Jeep). It seemed pitchy and got little better at the end. Her dress was cute and I loved her necklace, but that doesn't put you in the Top 5.
02 - Naima - Summertime
She's good. I like her back-story and she's eclectic. She nailed it and made the first person seem like a rookie (oh wait, they all are). Randy, you just ruined my day by saying "Fantasia".
03 - Kendra - Impossible
I am underwhelmed but I am not sure why. She did a nice job.
04 - Rachel - Criminal
Her drama was not dramatic, but cheesy. She's interesting. I like the unique style, but I am hesitant to say Top 5. She's got a little Melissa Ethridge in her vocal.
(I want J-Lo's earrings...they are so cool.)
05 - Karen - Hero
The dress is really pretty. I'm not sure about the song selection. She nailed the vocal! You can tell she is very talented, but I am curious to see if people picked up the phone for it. She's a Top 5 for me.
06 - Lauren T - Seven Day Fool
I don't know the song, but she sounds great. She can rock out too. I liked it a lot and am interested to see what she does with theme weeks.
07 - Ashthon - Love Over Me
I was fired up for her performance...then it started, and I was BORED.
08 - Julie - Breakaway
Love the selection. Love the dress. She sings in a different space than Kelly, but I liked it. She is a good performer.
09 - Haley - Fallin'
Solid vocal. Not sure I am her biggest fan though.
10 - Thia - Out Here On My Own
A capella open - bold and solid. Her dress is also so cute! Top 5 for sure. Awesome.
11 - Lauren A - Turn On the Radio
This is more age appropriate for her than Reba. She's a performer. Didn't do much different with the song, but I liked it a lot.
(Is Ryan trying to make himself taller with his new hairstyle?)
12 - Pia - I'll Stand By You
She made it her own.
Here is my Top 5:
Thia
Karen
Pia
Naima
Lauren A
Wild card - Lauren T or Rachel
I also like Julie and Ashthon.
Next week, I'll have much more to say on wardrobe and song selection. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment