Thursday, April 7, 2011

Top 9, Rock and roll???

....oh the Hall of Fame....I get it....I think....

01 - Jacob - Man in the Mirror
Safe song choice for him. 4 background singers - annoying. Not anything new and different but it was solid. I am not sure we are ready for another Gospel idol.

02 - Haley - Take A Little Piece of My Heart
NOT digging her "look". I feel like she is yelling at me and growling. I am ready for her to go.

03 - Casey - Have You Ever Seen the Rain
Excellent song selection. I wasn't a huge Casey fan, but I liked this performance and vocal.

04 - Lauren - Natural Woman
Kelly did it Season 1, we'll see if this compares. You can tell Gwen Stefani helped with wardrobe....it wasn't good, or flattering, and she always looks cute. Solid vocal, no Kelly.

05 - James - While My Guitar Gently Weeps
The lighting is annoying. I like the risk of the ballad. I love the fact there are no background vocals here. Loved it. He's in my Top 4.

06 - Scotty - That's All Right, Mama
Vocal was awesome, but I couldn't watch because it was a little corny. Then again, it was Elvis. (I guess the judges like "corn".)

07 - Pia - River Deep, Mountain High
This girl is amazing. Love the look, love the song choice, love the vocal, love the uptempo.

08 - Stefano - When A Man Loves A Woman
Thought it was one of his best performances. He made it his own. Loved it.

09 - Paul - Flosom Prison Blues
He's a performer, but he isn't this year's winner.

Here is how I would rank (best to not best):
Scotty, Stefano, Pia, James, Lauren, Casey, Paul, Jacob, Haley

2 comments:

  1. Pia had no business leaving tonight. Haley, Stefano and Lauren were my bottom 3/.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 09 - Paul - Flosom Prison Blues
    He's a performer, but he isn't this year's winner.

    I'd like to nominate the last part of that comment for understatement of the year.

    He should not have made it to the Top 24 and is my pick for worst finalist of any season. Also, thanks to "Vote For The Worst" for giving us more Paul, and no more Pia!

    ReplyDelete