Thursday, April 21, 2011

Top 8, Songs from the Movies

Ok, I apologize for the delay in this blog. I watched on DVR in New York last week, and my cousin Erin got to hear my comments live. Now, for everyone else....

01 - Paul - Old Time Rock and Roll
Awful suit, good song choice, decent performance, nothing special

02 - Lauren - The Climb
This should have been her song to record from the beginning...why, you ask....because she sings instead of whines....yes, I said it....She looked great (only bad wardrobe was the week Gwen Stefani "helped" her). Loved it.

03 - Stefano - End of the Road
Dude, you are making me nervous with this song selection. And did you forget this is performance night, not results night, with that "wardrobe" choice. He sang with serious intent this week. It was solid....I ended up liking it a lot.

04 - Scotty - I Cross My Heart
Background singers ruined it for me. Scotty had an excellent performance.

05 - Casey - Nature Boy
I agreed with Jimmy. Phil Collins would have been a better choice. I could have done without the grunting and growling. I don't like the musical interlude. I didn't love it.

06 - Haley - Call Me
Not a fan of hers, but I am a fan of the song selection. The short dress was making me very nervous for live TV. I didn't love it.

07 - Jacob - Bridge Over Troubled Waters
Solid and a whole lot of power ballad.

08 - James - Heavy Metal
This dude can rock out.

My top three - Lauren, Scotty, James
My bottom three - Haley, Paul, Casey

No comments:

Post a Comment