Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Season 9, Theme Week 8 - Songs of Sinatra

I'm pretty pumped for this week. Strong songbook and an actual mentor for the second week in a row.

(Apparently Harry, Ryan and Lee have the same wardrobe consultant.)

01 - Aaron - Fly Me To the Moon
Aaron, thank you for fixing your shirt sleeves. You stepped up to classic style tonight, and it works. One of his better weeks. (I feel like I am likely to yell at the judges this evening.....well, just Kara.)

02 - Casey - Blue Skies
He also stepped up his style (thank goodness). I am a big fan of the fact he is going without guitar this evening. Very cool performance - I feel like he is a different performer these last two weeks. He's bringing some game. (not that kind of game that he brought when he went shirtless in auditions)
(I obviously saw something different than the judges who are currently shredding him.)

03 - Crystal - Summer Winds
I personally don't care what the song means to her....if she won't tell us, then I am annoyed by the production staff (not her, the editors) in making a to-do about it. I am not a fan of her look tonight at all. Her vocal was strong, but there was no performance. I didn't like it overall.

04 - Mike - The Way You Look Tonight
I could do without the hat, but he knows how to pick songs he can perform to the fullest. This genre works well for him too. To quote Mr. Jackson, it's ON.

05 - Lee - That's Life
Lee, I am yelling at you because you need a slightly new look. I feel like you are not maximizing your wardrobe budget. I liked his song selection. Tight performance and solid vocal. I thought the band was a little too loud. He MUST win. I MUST start to vote. :)

This week, I feel like only Mike and Lee are safe. We shall see what "America" decides.

Does anyone want to start voting people off the show? Or capping the votes per phone line? Let's mix it up a little.

2 comments:

  1. The last few weeks I've only been watching the performances...yep, skipping all the preview videos, judges' comments, etc. It's amazing how much time I save myself! :-) And it's kind of fun to judge solely based on the performance and not have anything to sway my opinion.

    Anyway...That being said, I'm surprised the judges didn't like Casey's performance because I thought he did really well. Lee was the best of the night. And before watching the results show, I had a feeling Aaron might go home. Good singer, but it was his time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am still in mourning over Tim.

    ReplyDelete