Thursday, April 22, 2010

Season 9, Theme Week 6 - Inspirational Tunes

For those of you who know me well, you know I love a good song to inspire, motivate, pump up.....we shall see how the "idols" fare.

01 - Casey - Don't Stop
I love the song selection. He TOTALLY stepped up the style this week (thank goodness). The vocal was tight. He's still a bit robotic from a performance perspective. Although we know he is committed (on the record) to playing guitar every week, I do think it would be interesting (aka create a potential moment) if he did put it away just once. I personally thought this was one of his better weeks.

02 - Lee - The Boxer
I'll admit that I don't really know this song, so I didn't jump out of my chair when I heard he was singing it. He (of course) has his trendy rock style going on. It was a solid vocal, and his performance was simple, but very cool. I do agree with the judges' comments about it being "current".

03 - Tim - Better Days
I am a big fan of the song choice. He needs to step up the wardrobe....very drab this week. The vocal was decent, and he was connected to the audience. All that being said, it is possible it is his week to go.

04 - Aaron - I Believe I Can Fly
Song selection is a little on the cheesy side. With respect to his wardrobe, he needs to try a different method with his shirt sleeves. I thought it was one of his stronger vocals. It was a good performance.

05 - Siobhan - When You Believe
Awesome selection based on the category. Her style is too funky for me, so I can't really comment other than that. Other than a few nasally spots, I thought her vocal ROCKED. She is much more on her game this week.

06 - Big Mike - Hero
I LOVE this song. I can't even count how many times I have listened to it since this Idol moment: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lz7LR3wbO_Y
He looked as if he was in dress rehearsal with his "wardrobe". He rocked the vocal and gave a solid performance. Overall, props for the selection because now, I'll listen to the Davids again a few more times.

07 - Crystal - People Get Ready
Solid song choice for her. She dressed up for the occasion which was a nice change of pace (the judges made a bigger deal about it than necessary, I just was glad she's mixing it up). By far, the best vocal of the night. I really liked the a cappella portion at the front.

So my bottom three are - Tim, Casey, Aaron - mainly because the other four are more talented.

As far as my random evaluation based on categories, here are my leaders:
Song selection - Mike
Wardrobe - Casey, Crystal
Vocal - Crystal
Performance - Lee, Crystal

1 comment:

  1. Okay, I'm pulling an Ellen...Go ahead and boo me now because you won't like what I say. :-)

    I know Siobhan is a good singer, but I am SO over her right now. The last several weeks her songs have been boring, and I feel like she's auditioning for a college choir instead of American Idol. And her whiny "this-song-means-so-much-to-me" speeches are getting old.

    It was Tim's time to go, but of the singers that are left, I hope Siobhan is gone next.

    ReplyDelete